Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tidbits - love this blog!

Love this blog! What a great way to find out little tidbits of info.
......Dale you are so sweet to offer to take your mom to Dr. Phil. Next time we are in Vegas - can you take me too? Planning another gals weekend very, very soooon!!
......What else is happening on your Vegas trip, Auntie Moe...great shopping at the outlet mall!
..... spelling of my name - here's the story - started in Junior high (kind of an identity issue) I would change up my name every semester. Teachers new to ask me what I was to be identified by THIS year. Name changes included Jackie, Jacqueline, JacLin, Jacklyn etc. I guess Jacquie was the last one to stick - probably Grade 12 (when the fog cleared - or has it?)
.....Jay - who knew we were all related to O'Bama - cool.
.....Linen closets - when Ryan visits.....he does check...just ask Nan!

Now some short updates. Just talked to Mom on the phone! She sounds better than ever. Mom had her MRI done on Monday. I did call her to wish her a Happy MRI day.....sung a bit out of tune!. No news is great news on that homefront! Next week radiation begins on Monday, Tuesday and chemo/radiation combo on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Tuesday's plan after radiation is to venture off to Southgate for a tad bit of shopping - I will try to keep up! Love to meet anyone there for coffee Tuesday afternoon (before Dr. Phil).

So I have been struggling with telling the boys. Are they old enough to handle the information? Are they going to be sad? Can they cope? Through many hours of deliberation and emails of information from Mom who spoke to Linda, who has this friend etc. We decided to tell the boys. Through positive thoughts and tons of deep breaths we felt it was important to tell them so they wouldn't wonder why I leave the house for a few days every so often. Last night we told both the boys - Evan was quiet and wanted to read the Blog. He giggled and said you fainted again mom!! Ryan pipes up and stated - well at least she doesn't have Alzheimers because with Cancer they can cure it!! He is so DAMN right! Love my boys!

Just for some other information - Evan is playing in a tournament in Ponoka this weekend. Mom and Dad hope to come out to a Sunday Game - everyone is invited - great hockey to watch! No banners or horns at Evan's request though! I will post the times as soon as they find out where they place.

Hugs a bunches,
Jac

p.s. Maybe some more cousins can sign up - hope they are reading the blog. Would love to hear from them too!
Also, Kelly can we post pictures on the blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment