Thursday, March 18, 2010

A story from Hawaii

2 days into our wedded bliss, we are booked to go to a Luau. We arrive at a beautiful location and they show us to a table where we can meet other people and wait for the show to start. The announcer comes over the loudspeaker, asking for some volunteers, I turn around to look at my husband of 2 days to see his hand up waving to volunteer. I am a little annoyed because that leaves me alone, by myself, alone.
He leaves, and then they call our table up for the buffet to begin, well, like the newly wed that I am, I rush up to get in line (he can catch up with me when he is done volunteering!).
I am standing in line, trying to decide if I should eat the pig that they just pulled out of the earth (it was cooked that way, in a hole in the ground?!) when the show is starting on stage.
I look up to see what is happening, and there are three very weird looking hula girls on stage.
I continue on getting my food, when the music stops and I look up again, and then I see it.
Oh
My
God
My husband of 2 days, is on stage, in a grass skirt, and a coconut bra, dancing....


I rush thru the buffet line, drop my plate at the table, grab the camera and rush to the front of the stage, this I have to get a picture of!
The announcer is talking to Austin, asking him about his stay, he announces that we have just gotten married 2 days ago and points me out to the announcer.
He asks " Did you expect this on your honeymoon?" "No" I say, with a few other words under my breath.
I snap a few more pictures, go back to my table and wait for my husband to get out of his skirt and bra so that we can have a little chat.
Needless to say, he thought that this should not be mentioned to our families, and I completely agreed.
Welcome to our family Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment