I am not allowed near Pat because I have a cold, BUT, I am working very hard at getting rid of it.
Pat had requested that I drive her to an appointment on Tuesday of this week, and I was sooo proud.
Needless to say, that request was withdrawn immediately. Fortunately Aly was available and took Pat to her appointment on Tuesday. Aren't we lucky to have such a great family?
I have not heard about Tuesday because Pat has some troubling talking. Her throat is very sore as a result of the radiation (which is burning her throat) and the lack of moisture (since she is unable to swallow).
I spoke to John today and he said the doctor gave her an intervenous as Pat was becoming dehydrated. She has difficulty swallowing. He also has a standing order for Pat to receive intravenous sustenance as she requires it. This will be given at the Devon Hospital thus reducing the time her and John have to be on the road.
I spoke to John today and he said the doctor gave her an intervenous as Pat was becoming dehydrated. She has difficulty swallowing. He also has a standing order for Pat to receive intravenous sustenance as she requires it. This will be given at the Devon Hospital thus reducing the time her and John have to be on the road.
I do not talk to Pat very often. I don't like to bother her so I have beeen reduced to stalking John at his coffee spots to get an update on Pat's progress.
As of now, Pat has 7 more radiation treatments and three more sessions of Chemo.
Get all those prayers, good wishes and positive thoughts flowing. This lady needs a boost.
No comments:
Post a Comment